What would your muse be ... Vera Kochubey?

by - Februar 24, 2016



Ich habe weder Kunstgeschichte, noch Kunsttheorie studiert. Ich bin kein Kunstkritiker, dennoch nimmt Kunst für mich einen hohen Stellenwert ein. Ich finde Schönheit in Kunst, genauso wie Hoffnung, Trost und Zuflucht. Ich liebe es, wenn mich ein Kunstwerk berührt, wenn es macht, dass ich etwas fühle, wenn es etwas auslöst in mir, wenn es mich zum Denken zwingt. Das ist immer der Fall, bei den Werken der russischen, in Berlin lebenden Künstlerin Vera Kochubey, die eine meiner liebsten Gestalten der zeitgenössischen, avantgardistischen Kunst ist. Vera's intensive künstlerische Sprache spricht laut und deutlich zu mir, so laut und deutlich, dass ich mich jedes Mal gerüttelt fühle, wenn ich ihre Bilder ansehe.

Das erste Mal aufmerksam geworden auf Vera bin ich im Sommer 2015, als sie in Zusammenarbeit mit dem dänischen Designer Mads Dinesen eine Installation und eine Performance im Zalando Fashion House gemacht hat. Sofort hat mich ihre exzessive Art, sich selbst auszudrücken, auf  eine intuitive Weise angesprochen. Vor kurzem habe ich sie hier in Berlin bei einem Store Opening getroffen und sie gefragt, ob sie Lust hätte, mir für meine Interview Serie "What would your muse be ..." Rede und Antwort zu stehen, und so bin ich sehr stolz und glücklich, euch hier mein kleines Q&A mit einer meiner absoluten Lieblingskünstlerinnen präsentieren zu können.

Ihr wollt auf dem Laufenden bleiben, was Vera's Kunst betrifft? Ihr könnt ihr bei Facebook und auch auf Instagram folgen.

Dir gefällt Anti.Muse? Dann besuch uns doch mal auf Facebook und Instagram. xxx




What would your muse be if it was ...


a book: The Holy Bible // The Book of Thoth // M. Foucault "History of sexuality" I.II.III

a movie: The Matrix // Birdman

a city or place: Berlin - LA

a sound or tune: deep techno // Berghain

a magazine: Monopol

a quote or a motto: Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

an artist: Francis Bacon // JM Basquiat // Picasso // De Kooning // Pollock // Kandinsky // Malevitch

a style icon: Yohji Yamamoto


I didn't study art theory or art history. I'm not an art critic, but I appreciate and praise art, as the unisversal language it is. I find beauty in art, I find hope in art and comfort. I love it, when a piece of art touches me, when it makes me feel something, when it challenges me to think. This is always the case, when it comes to works of the wonderful Vera Kochubey, a russian, Berlin based painter and to me one of my favourite figures in contemporary, avantgardistic art. Vera's intensive artistic language speaks to me so loud and almost violently, that I simply feel shaken up every time I look at her paintings. Her excessive way of expressing herself speaks in an intuitive, almost brutal way to me and my subconscious mind.

The first time I really took notice of Vera and her work was in the summer of 2015, when she did an installation and performance in collaboration with danish-born fashion designer Mads Dinesen at Zalando Fashion House. Instantly I connected to what she was doing and from then on passionately followed her work. I recently had the pleasure to meet her at a store opening during Fashion Week and just took my chance to ask her about taking part in my interview series "What would your muse be ...". So today I'm very happy to present to you my little Q&A with Vera Kochubey.

To stay up to date withe her latest work you can follow Vera on facebook and Instagram.

Let's stay in touch, follow Anti.Muse on Facebook and Instagram too. xxx













You May Also Like

1 Kommentare

  1. I'm not huge fan of contemporary art but her artwork is so inspiring, different! When I will be in Berlin next time I'll let u know :D

    AntwortenLöschen

Thanks for taking your time to check out my blog :)